Google map api v2 on Android.(part 1)
Steps to get map working on Android.
1. Download the Google Play services.
Goto Windows. Goto Android Sdk Manager. Choose Google play services under extras.
If not installed install the package.
2. Copy the google-play services_lib library project to your workspace. The library project can be found under the following path.
<android-sdk-folder>/extras/google/google_play_services/libproject/google-play-services_liblibrary project .
3. Import the library project to your eclipse
Click File > Import, select Android > Existing Android Code into Workspace, and browse the workspace import the library project. You can check if it is library project. Right click on the library project. Goto properties. Click Android on the left panel. You will see Is Library checked.
4. Create your Android project like normally you would do for other projects.
5. You need to refer the google-play services_lib library project in your android project.
Right click on your android project. Goto properties. Choose Android on the left panel. Click on Add and browse the library project. Select the same. Click ok and apply.
6. Obtain API key
A) Locate your debug keystore file. The file name is
debug.keystore, and is created the first time you build your project. By default, it is stored in the same directory as your Android Virtual Device (AVD) files:
Adding the API Key to your application
Run the project on your device and you should see the Google map on your screen